Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How Mixtapes Work?

Well I wanted to explain a little about how mixtapes work! Also I want to explain some facts too!
1. Mixtape sells are composed of wholesale to websites and stores and advertisements.
2. 99% of the time the DJ gets the profit.
3. The mixtape DJ's get the songs from the artist or from a record pool.
4. A good mixtape moves about 20,000 or 10,000 are good numbers.
5. The sells cover artwork and studio time.
6. You might wonder why you have to pay more for a mixtape on a website, its because of the site and profit of the site.
I would add more but I gotta go!

2 comments:

jiburgess said...

I've been trying to record my mixtape but I know NOTHING about the music industry. That's for the insight, but I'm going to have to pick your brain for more info

Unknown said...

i'm just luvin that you put a pic up that represents my home state....and thanks for the info!!